What to eat in Moc Chau? There are many good food in Moc Chau, attracts a lot of visitors to come here, such as, fried calves, spring fish, buffalo meat, rock snails, …
Fried Calves: Young calves at birth are not indentified the gender yet, if the female calves will retain to get milk, the males will be eliminated. When the calves are eliminated, people in the Moc Chau plateau will cook it into a nutrient-rich, delicious and appealing dish – fried calves.
Fried Calves- Moc Chau specialty
The recipe of processing the fried calves is not complicated, from the calves meat which are cut into small pieces, marinated with lemongrass, ginger, spices and then boil over oil. Because the calf is still young so it should be soft, sweet, not fat.
The recipe of processing the fried calves is not complicated, from the calves meat
Bitter Cai Meo: Moc Chau Cai Meo are only available in winter and spring. This vegetable has been planted here naturally by the local people, is used to serve the needs of the family and treat the guests.
Between autumn to late autumn, take seed to spread around the garden, around the field without the hedge, bed yards, no need to fertilize or water, but it still develops very well, extremely eye-catching with green color.
Cai Meo – specialty in Moc Chau
In the past few years, due to the increasing demand for Cai Meo, the ethnic people have grown to sell and do business. However, the method of cultivation is still rudimentary, so Moc Chau Cai Meo still retains its wild domestic flavor.
Cai Meo – specialty in Moc Chau
Stream fish: Moc Chau fish is round. There are some fish small like little finger, some are bigger than two fingers. Fish is cleaned and then fried crispy in the pan, when eating, can chew meat and bone.
Salmon: is a kind of fish that lives in cold regions like America, Europe, just has been imported to raise successfully in Moc Chau. With delicious taste, meat is beautifully pink, high nutrition value, salmon is the luxury dish of visitors when travelling to Moc Chau.
Salmon – specialty of Moc Chau.
The most prominent dishes are salmon hotpot, Salmon Salad, grilled salmon … In the cold atmosphere of Moc Chau, enjoy a salmon hotpot with corn wine and wild vegetables, you will definitely have an unforgettable impression.
Moc Chau Taro: Many people call this taro is ethnic taro as the Dzao people in Moc Chau (Son La) plant. Some other places also have this kind of taro but in terms of deliciousness, the taro of Dzao is the best and most delicious.
Taro – specialty of Moc Chau.
Moc Chau strawberry: Approximately one kilometer from the Ang Village, there is an area where attractive orchid and strawberry have been planted and tested for fruits for several years. Many gardeners are expanding the area to export to the city and process into jam, wine …
Strawberries have been planted experimentally in Moc Chau for several years and harvested satisfactory results due to the highland soil and the cool mountainous climate throughout the year. Like the weather in Da Lat but less rain, Moc Chau plateau has started to produce delicious berries.
Strawberries – specialty in Moc Chau.
Moc Chau tea: At present, Moc Chau district has about 3,000 hectares of different kinds of tea. The lush tea, lagre hills have made Moc Chau become a green dreaming pearl. Tea plant also increasingly attached to the lives of the peoples here. Up to now, this tree is one of the symbols of Moc Chau plateau.
Moc Chau tea specialty
The most famous tea of Moc Chau plateau is San Tuyet – tea made from hundreds of tea trees here, besides, there is O Long tea, Kim Tuyen tea … each type has different tastes.
Moc Chau Milk: With hundreds of dairy cows on the farm, dairy products are one of the things you should try when you come to Moc Chau. You can buy these products in any restaurant on the way to Town.
If possible, enjoy a glass of freshly cooked raw milk as soon as it have been squeezed. Other dairy products you should also try are yogurt (not canned in supermarkets), butter or cream …
Dairy products from Moc Chau cow milk
Major eating places in Moc Chau
Moc Chau has many good and famous eateries. However, visitors need to know the most common places to easily enjoy the specialties and traditional dishes in this plateau. Moc Chau has many good and famous eateries. However, visitors need to know the most common places to easily enjoy the specialties and traditional dishes in this plateau.
– From Moc Chau house, turn back about 4km, you will see the restaurants for the tourist buses. These restaurants are not as luxurious as many other restaurants in Moc Chau, but the food is quite good, and can meet the the demand of groups about 200-300 people.
– The restaurants on Highway 6 are mostly for motorbike travellers with reasonable price
– The restaurants near the tourist destinations in Moc Chau such as Dai Yem waterfall, pine forest in Ang village … there are many good restaurants to meet the needs of both motorbike travelers and tourists here.
The good restaurants you should try in – Salmon Restaurant 64: Km179, National Highway 6 (adjacent to Van Ho and Moc Chau districts). Reference price: 100.000 – 250.000 VND / person.
– Nam Hung eatery 70: Chieng Di sub- district, Moc Chau Town. Price reference: 100.000d – 150.000d / person.
– Xuan Bac eatery 181: Chieng Di sub-district, Moc Chau town. Price reference: 100.000d / person.
– Restaurant 75 Moc Chau – North West Buffalo: Km 73, sub-area 3, Moc Chau Town. Reference price: about 100.000 VND / person.
– Goat Hotpot Restaurant 68: Sub-area 68, Moc Chau Farm Town (opposite to the primary school, secondary school 14-6), Reference price: about 100,000 VND / person.
– Dung Tuoi Restaurant: Sub-area 32 – Moc Chau Farm Town (500m from the new road towards Hanoi), Reference price: about 100,000 VND / person.
Moc Chau Xanh Restaurant: Crossroads of Bo Bun Sub-District – Moc Chau Farm Town. Reference price: about 100.000 VND / person.
– Huong Nui Restaurant: Grade 75, Sub-District 3, Moc Chau Town. Reference price: 70,000 – 100,000 VND / person.
– 90 restaurant: No 90 – TK motel – Moc Chau – Son La.
– Hong Nhung Restaurant: specialized cooking tortoise.
– Many types of Hotpot: Van Dua restaurant near Moc Chau Committee
– Wildlife food: Loc Rung at Chieng Di Pass
– Soup types: Phu Oanh restaurant, near Moc Chau bus station down opposite to to 747
– Fried calves specialties: Quang Bac restaurant in tk 40 farm in new street; Xuan Bac Restaurant 181- Fried calves
– Goat of all kinds: hot pot, grilled, rare, soup: Goat restaurant 68
– Duck: Duck Thanh restaurant opposite to the bats gate.
HANOI TRAVEL BUS
Hotline: 0169 710 3878 – 0165 204 2878